Time1pm to 5pm
Leaving Cert French Oral Revision Course Sat, 7th March, 2020
The Whole Objective of the French Leaving Cert Oral Day is to get Students Talking as Much as Possible!
First of all, we work within the parameters of the exam itself. As you know the oral is worth a very sizeable chunk of the whole exam at 25%. This equates to 100 marks which is broken down into the following:
During the French Leaving Cert Oral Revision Course, we will highlight where students lose marks, using recommendations made by the Chief Examiner.
Our focus is based on a very simple premise: use what you know to your best advantage.
PRONUNCIATION | 20%
- For the French Leaving Cert Oral, each student will be asked questions and given the time that they need to express correctly what they are trying to say. I will go through each answer given and any difficulties with pronunciation will be discussed by the group. I will make sure that the common errors made will not be made by any student attending our French Leaving Cert Oral Course!
VOCABULARY | 20%
- A lot of students learn off stock phrases and words. At French Notes if we feel that something can be said using a different word which is less common, the student will be given the choice of using that word. Your vocabulary should be as rich and varied as possible. Using idiomatic phrases is advised, but you should not rely on unconnected words, if you lose the sense of what the message that you are trying to convey is.
STRUCTURE | 30%
- Structure is the way you put your sentences together. The oral exam is a wonderful opportunity to WOW the examiner with interesting turns of phrase and off the beaten track grammar.
COMMUNICATION | 30%
- Communication is a student’s ability to maintain a conversation in a natural flowing & comprehensible manner. Here you must engage with the examiner in as natural a way as possible. They are there with the sole purpose of conversing with you, giving you the opportunity to shine.
ON THE DAY:
- Students will consider the Chief Examiner’s Report and learn how marks are awarded or lost.
- Sharing exclusive tips on how to take control of the exam, and keep your-self on track.
- Looking at common mistakes made, and how to address them.
- Consider different ways that questions will probably be asked and how to correctly answer them.
- We will guide you through the process of linking themes, and how they will impact on your performance.
- Please bring your “Document” on the day, and we will go through it and help you pre-empt all possible questions.
Finally, as an attendee on the course, you will receive a copy of our exclusive French Notes, designed to impress on the day of your exam. After the workshop you will leave feeling more in control of your impending exam, and with a new found enthusiasm for this beautiful language.
- 12:45 - 13:00
- 13:00 - 15:15
- 15:15 - 15:30
- 15:30 - 17:00