Leaving Cert French Revision Courses May
Revision Course May 2020
- Revision Course Theme on Equality & Politics ⇒ We will cover extensive Vocabulary & Translation exercises.
- Grammar focus ⇒ Past Historic
- What to do on the morning of the French exam ⇒ Breakdown of marks and structure of Honours Paper. Structure of exam & Timing. Read our Leaving Cert Reviews 2019
- Written Section 25% ⇒ Part 3 of a 3 part series on how to write excellent Diary & Narratives
- Reading Section 30% ⇒ 2nd Reading Comprehension 15%.
- Listening Section 20% ⇒ How to approach the Listening correctly and give only the information required. Students will listen to a complete 5 section sample listening paper on the day of the course. Students will study vocabulary & structures from each listening to get the most out of the exercise. All recordings are chosen so that students are exposed to a wide variety of vocabulary & accents.
- Oral Section 25% ⇒ Listening & sample oral questions on the theme of Equality & Politics (Please note that the oral exam will have finished so these sample questions are useful for written section, but there will be no oral work done during this course).
- Course Timetable ⇒ This might appear daunting, but believe me, the time flies. Our thinking behind the 4 hours, is that these revision course days should be an alternative to a weekly grind.
1:00 – 1:45 | Grammar & Translation
1:45 – 2:30 | Written Section
2:30 – 3:15 | Reading Section
3:30 – 4:15 | Listening Section
4:15 – 5:00 | Oral Section
- Course Facilitator ⇒ Elizabeth Hayes-Lyne is a former state examiner and the author of Bonne Chance! a Leaving Certificate Aural & Oral book, published by Gill & Macmillan.
- Course Info ⇒ Each student on the course receives a 30 page booklet on the day, and has assignments set for the following course.
- Please Note ⇒ All bookings for our Revision Courses are made via our website and booklets are only issued to attendees. Deposits are strictly non-refundable.
More Links to help you…