Leaving Cert French Revision Course September
Leaving Cert Frenchnotes Revision Courses
- Course Theme School ⇒ First of all, we will cover extensive Vocabulary & Translation exercises.
- Grammar focus ⇒ Present Tense.
- Leaving Cert Revision Course Introduction ⇒ Breakdown of marks and structure of Honours Paper. Read our Leaving Cert Papers Review 2019
- Written Section 25% ⇒ Part 1 of a 3 part series on how to write excellent Opinion Pieces
- Reading Section 30% ⇒ 1st Reading Comprehension 15%.
- Listening Section 20% ⇒ How to approach the listening correctly and give only the information required. Students will listen to a complete 5 section sample listening paper on the day of the course. At all French revision course days students will study vocabulary & structures from each listening to get the most out of the exercise. All recordings are chosen so that students are exposed to a wide variety of vocabulary & accents.
- Oral Section 25% ⇒ Sample questions & answers on the theme of School. Students will be given the opportunity of practicing the questions & answers on the theme of School, which is always asked in the exam.
- Revision Course Timetable ⇒ This might appear daunting, but believe me, the time flies. Our thinking behind the 4 hours, is that these French revision course days should be an alternative to a weekly grind.
1:00 – 1:45 | Grammar & Translation
1:45 – 2:30 | Written Section
2:30 – 3:15 | Reading Section
3.15 – 3.30 | Break
3:30 – 4:15 | Listening Section
4:15 – 5:00 | Oral Section
- Course Facilitator ⇒ Elizabeth Hayes-Lyne is a former state examiner, director of French Notes & the author of Bonne Chance! Leaving Certificate Aural & Oral book published by Gill & Macmillan.
- French Revision Course Info ⇒ Each student on the course receives a 30 page booklet on the day, and has assignments set for the following course.
- Please Note ⇒ Finally, all bookings for our Revision Courses are made via our website and booklets are only issued to attendees. Deposits are strictly non-refundable.
More Links to help you…